Banana-oat cookies



I remember when I once went to a supermarket in Copenhagen to do the shopping and I bought some bananas that were on sale. 1,5 kg cost as much as three pieces normally do. Unfortunately, my appetite for bananas did not go along with the amount that I bought. The next day the bananas turned brown and I had to solve the problem before I would be forced to throw them out- which I don't usually do. But "the need is the mother of necessity" like they say, so I had to figure something out. I put the bananas in a big bowl and I smashed them with a fork. I started adding different ingredients to knead the cookie dough. Plus, I added all nuts, dried fruit and pieces of chocolate that I had left from baking another thing before. When they stared baking the fantastic smell of bananas spread around the whole apartment. At that time my roommate came back from university and we couldn't resist trying the delicious cookies when they were still warm. They were really good and disappeared fast. Since then, I have improved the recipe and I am writing it down for you today.




Tip: Instead of the extras that I suggest, you can use many other things that you happen to have in your kitchen at present: any kind of chocolate, dried cranberries or nuts. Just make sure that the cookie dough is neither too sticky nor too dry. Add extra flour or milk then.

Ingredients:

- 3 ripe bananas
- 350 g of whole wheat flour
- 100 ml of milk
-100 g of butter
- ginger root ( around 4 cm, grated) 
- 1 cup of instant oat flakes
- 100 g of cane sugar
- 1/2 teasp of cinnamon
- 1/3 teasp of nutmeg

Extras:

- 100 g of dark chocolate (chop into small pieces)
- 50 g of chopped almonds
- 50 g od pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablesp of sunflower seeds
- 1 tablesp of coconut flour

Smash the bananas with a fork or blend them into creamy smooth texture. Place in a big bowl. Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix everything with your hands. Add the butter and ginger and mix again. Add the milk and mix again. Add the oat flakes and mix one more time.
Put all the extras into the bowl and mix them together with the dough.
Place the cookies on a sheet of baking paper in the oven. Use a big spoon to form them and make them flat. Bake 15-20 min in 220 Celsius degrees. Store them in a dark cool place for max. 3-4 days. 













  

Brak komentarzy